The Patuxent Partnership is planning a full-day program, “Naval Aviation & Air Dominance in the Great Power Competition.”
The event will be held from 8 am to 4:30 pm Thursday, April 2, 2020, at the University System of Maryland at Southern Maryland’s Building 2, Center Hall at 44219 Airport Road in California.
Cost will be $75 for Pax Partnership members; $125 for non-members; and federal civilian service and active duty military no cost ($15 with lunch). Registration includes continental breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch, and reception. Register here.
AGENDA (Subject to change)
7:30 am — Check-in and coffee available
8 am — Welcome & Introduction of Morning Keynote Speaker
8:30-9:15 am — Keynote Speaker: VADM Dean Peters, Commander, NAVAIR
9:15-10:45 am — Panel 1: Increasing Navy/Marine Readiness While Reducing Warfighter Aviation Risks
- Moderator: RADM Greg “HyFi” Harris, Director, Air Warfare, OPNAV98 [confirmed]
- RDML John S. Lemmon, Commander, NAWCAD; Chief Engineer, NAVAIR [tentative]
- Roy Harris, SES, Executive Director, Fleet Readiness Centers [confirmed]
- Sean Burke, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Sustainment) [confirmed]
- Bill Taylor, SES, Assistant Deputy Commandant for Aviation, HQ USMC (invited)
10:45-11 am — Coffee Break/Exhibits
11 am-12:30 pm — Panel 2: Accelerating Warfighter Capabilities
- Moderator: William Bray, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development, Test and Evaluation) [tentative]
- RADM Brian K. Corey, PEO (U&W), Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons [confirmed]
- RADM Shane Gahagan USN, PEO (T), Tactical Aircraft Programs [confirmed]
- MajGen Gregory L. Masiello, USMC, PEO (A), Air Anti-Submarine Warfare, Assault & Special Mission [confirmed]
12:30-1:30 pm — Lunch
1:30-2:15 pm– Afternoon Keynote Speaker
2:15-2:30 pm — Coffee Break/Exhibits
2:30-4 pm — Panel 3: Industry Perspective
- Moderator: Dan Nega, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (DASN Air Ground)
- RADM Mike Manazir, USN (ret), Vice President, Navy Systems, Boeing [confirmed]
- MajGen David Scott, USAF (ret), Director, Strategy & Advanced Development, Raytheon [confirmed]
- VADM Mike Shoemaker, USN (ret), Vice President, Customer Initiatives, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics [confirmed]
- TBD, NGC
4-4:15 pm — Closing Remarks
4:30-5:30 pm — Reception at Taphouse 1637
Refund policy: TPP does not provide refunds for canceled registrations. The group welcomes substitutions. In the event that the facility is closed on the day of the program due to inclement weather, TPP will refund the registration fee.
Gold sponsor for the event is Naval Systems Inc.
Silver sponsors are Bell and KBR.
Exhibitor will be Survice Engineering.
About The Patuxent Partnership
The Patuxent Partnership is a nonprofit member organization that fosters collaboration between government, industry, and academia to advance education through STEM-based initiatives; to advance technology through speaker programs, forums, and networking; to advance science and technology transfer through the exchange of ideas, information, and data related to technologies; and to increase workforce development through an array of initiatives.
To learn more about The Patuxent Partnership and its programs, visit its Leader member page.