Lexington Park, MD/ Full Time
Title: SoMD2030 Workforce Manager
Work Location: Lexington Park, MD
Position Status: Full-time
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
* Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
* Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
* Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
* Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Patuxent Partnership (TPP) is looking for an experienced career pathways coordinator to organize and coordinate programs involving young adult work opportunities in the southern Maryland area. Overseen by the Southern Maryland
Navy Alliance (SMNA) Workforce development and managed by TPP, this program called SoMD2030 is designed to provide three levels of jobs; at the high school level (1 to 2 year program for Juniors and Seniors), college level (4-year college internships), and college grad level (2-year apprenticeship) with a goal of acquiring a security clearance, understanding of career opportunities in Southern Maryland, and career entry opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader with experience in managing workforce programs and collaborating with industry, education, and government partners to produce timeline results. This candidate will be able to develop plans to administer and coordinate apprenticeship or internship programs of different levels.
The position responsibilities include working closely with the NAWCAD, SMNA Workforce Board of Directors (BOD) and TPP which includes prepare comprehensive action plans to include resources, timeframes, and budgets for projects. The position will perform various coordinating tasks, such as job fairs, internship onboarding & departing summer events, establish a mentorship program, recruit industry to support apprenticeship work opportunities and recruit high school students to participate in Career and Technology Education apprentice programs, promote security clearance awareness and preparation, in addition to administrative duties involving MOU templates, maintaining project documentation and biannual program performance briefings.
* Coordinate project management activities, resources, and information
* Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
* Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
* Liaise with partners to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
* Assign tasks to team staff and assist with schedule management
* Make sure that program partners’ needs are met as projects evolve
* Prepare and oversee budgets
* Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
* Primary program point of contact and link project status to all participants
* Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
* Oversee and issue all appropriate legal paperwork (MOU, contracts, 1099 Forms, and terms of agreement)
* Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
* Manage a SMNA webpage for SoMD 2030 that provides current job opportunities
* Proven experience as a Program Manager or Program Coordinator or other managerial position
* Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
* Solid organizational skills, including multi-tasking and time-management
* Proficient Knowledge of performance metrics and management of budgets
* Proficient knowledge of MS Office
* Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
* Excellent communication skills to build relationships with partners
* Excellent problem-solving ability
* BS diploma in management or a relevant field (minimum 5 years’ experience in lieu of degree); technical knowledge/degree is considered a plus
* Knowledge of Navy Programs and Contracts is considered a plus
To succeed in this role, it will require excellent time management and communication skills to support collaboration with entity leaders and deliver results on schedule.
TPP is an EEO Employer.
Salary to be determined based on credentials and experience.
Send resume and application to Michelle Reloba, Human Resources Manager, via email at