Work Location: Lexington Park, MD
Position Status: Full-time
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
TPP works with government, industry and academia on initiatives in Science and Technology, hosts programs of interest to NAVAIR/NAWCAD and the broader DoD community as well as supporting workforce development initiatives, including education and professional development. The Workforce and Programs Coordinator works with the Executive Director (ED) and Workforce Development and Programs Director to plan and execute logistics related to TPP events and manages TPP’s membership accounts and enrollment process. The position has high visibility, working with senior leadership within DOD, industry and government; and working with speakers, members and others on TPP programs.
- Coordination and execution of TPP programs and activities, to include programs and technology related events for NAWCAD under the NAWCAD-TPP Partnership Intermediary Agreement (PIA) i.e. – to include venue arrangements and agreements, speaker arrangements, sponsorship and registration tracking, determining A/V requirements, catering requirement and fulfillment, set-up, metrics tracking, participant evaluations and feedback, and other logistical arrangements related to event timelines.
- Maintain 12-month “look-ahead” calendar and framework of potential programs and content to include speakers, panelist and potential sponsors
- Track and execute multiple program timelines simultaneously
- Monitor Program finances and ensure expenditures do not exceed authorized budget
- Performs site visits and participates in venue negotiations for space, services and catering.
- Develops and manages program planning and action timelines for media announcements, staff calendars, program speaker/panel/co-host participants and program registration opening/closing dates. Produces program attendance data, name badges, rosters, and financial reports. Plans and produces onsite handouts and announcement slides.
- Draft pre- and post-event news releases, program announcements and program related publications for use by Communications/PR Manager.
- Reviews / edits material produced by the Communications / PR Manager prior to release after final approval by Executive Director
- Pay special attention to program participants that are not members and set up recruitment process.
- Manage TPP membership accounts and membership enrollment process.
- Works with accounting staff to ensure accuracy of database and membership status.
- Supervise part-time Programs Assistant
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of the Southern Maryland community, especially St. Mary’s County, related to government, DoD, industry and academia organizations.
- Ability to communicate with senior military, government and civilian leadership.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, Adobe and other marketing / publishing tools. Basic website and social media administration skills are required.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule to accommodate early morning or late evening programs / events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience with event planning, public relations and database management highly desirable.
Special Position Requirements
Occasional travel may be required. Some early morning and evening programs will require adjustment to normal work hours.
The majority of the position will be performed in an office environment requiring the employee to communicate through email, phone, and in-person with co-workers, members, clients, etc. This position requires sitting at a desk for long periods of time with occasional periods of standing and walking at events. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee may be required to occasionally lift heavy items up to approximately 25lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To succeed in this role, it will require excellent time management and communication skills to support collaboration with entity leaders and deliver results on schedule.
TPP is an EEO Employer.
Salary to be determined based on credentials and experience. Salary range available upon request.
Send resume and application to Michelle Reloba, Human Resources Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org