Come fly with us! Want to see your skills put to the test? Do things for the first time ever in the world, like fly a human organ to a waiting patient? Fly disaster relief missions internationally? This is your opportunity…be daring, take a chance…FEARLESS FLIGHT!
This is a UAS project engineer reporting to the Director. This position coordinates all activities with the Chief Pilot and Lead Project Manager, and is responsible for supporting all research operations including the airworthiness review and maintenance of all systems, data collection and storage, sensor and hardware/software integration and other support areas assigned in support of Test Site requirements. This position will often get involved in designing and building new solutions, whether at the component level or entirely new aircraft. Additionally, this position serves as a Visual Observer (VO) and Aviation Safety Officer (ASO) for UAS Operations.
This job is located in St. Mary’s County, MD.
– United States citizen or permanent resident
– Bachelors of Science degree
– Minimum of 2 years of aviation maintenance; or hardware lab/bench (Civilian or Military); or remote control (RC) aircraft or avionics experience
– Must have a valid driver’s license
– R/C and/or drone flight experience
– Part 107 certification
– FAA Class II Medical Certificate
View full job posting: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/79052