TPP Administrative / STEM Assistant
Work Location: Lexington Park, MD
Position Status: Full-time
TPP Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Director and performs overall office management responsibilities. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with ED and staff. Provides support
to the Board of Directors (BOD) and BOD Committees. Assists with TPP programs.
• Administrative support to the ED including calendar management, drafting correspondence to external sources, invitations, expense submissions, personnel status updates, travel arrangements, etc.
• Performs Office Management duties, to include mail collection and distribution, conference room scheduling and reservation, making sure doors are unlocked and equipment available; monitoring / replenishment of office supplies, maintains staffing calendar; coordinating staff meetings; responsible for ensuring off ice coverage at all
• Provides administrative support to Board of Directors; maintains board meeting schedule, prepares agendas and meeting materials, tracks attendance, takes and prepares meeting minutes. Maintains historical information related to BOD, bylaws and amendments. Supports BOD committees as needed.
• Receives and assists office visitors and telephone callers, answers general questions, and makes referrals to appropriate staff when necessary.
• Responsible f or external “service” contract with outside agencies; maintenance calls, routine service, reordering of copier and printer supplies, assisting staff with parts replacement and technical issues.
• Assists with TPP Virtual/In-Person programs, including set-up, platform testing, badge preparation, registration, order/pick up of food.
• Assist with Program reporting through NEON CRM, WebEx, or other content management platforms.
• Coordinates BOD committee activities; prepares and receives committee correspondence and committee meetings.
• Prepares check requests for TPP community support.
• Receives and tracks correspondence and reports related to TPP activities and community participation and impact – such as SMCPS, CSM, etc.
• Coordinates with Communications Manager for STEM and Programs related press releases, newsletter content, social media and webpage.
• Coordinates STEM outreach activities with Executive Director, including budget actuals. Identifies STEM opportunities for TPP in our community.
• Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree/four (4) years’ administrative experience preferred. Position requires proficiency with Microsoft office tools (MS Excel, MS Word & PowerPoint).
Special Position Requirements
Incumbent will be exposed to sensitive personnel and operational information and must exercise the highest level of discretion. Must be willing to adjust work hours as needed to support ED and program events. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with other staff members to coordinate schedules and to maintain effective working relationships. Must possess ability to make decisions and exercise proper judgment in matters pertaining to TPP. Local travel may be required.
* Previous experience with government, military, industry, desired.
The majority of the position will be performed in an of fice environment requiring the employee to communicate through email, phone, and in-person with co-workers, members, clients, etc. This position requires sitting at a desk for long periods of time with occasional periods of standing and walking at events. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee may be required to occasionally lift heavy items up to approximately 25lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply Send resume and application to Michelle Reloba, Human Resources Manager, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TPP Employment Application Form: https://paxpartnership.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Employment-Application-2020.pdf