This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of economic development for those new to the industry. Designed to prepare participants for the challenges they face in the practice of developing communities, this course is key for those looking to begin their certification in economic development.
The course will highlight the key aspects in an economic developers career:
• Managing Economic Development Offices
• Strategic Planning
• Business Retention & Expansion
• Finance for Economic Development
(This section will be taught as part of the MEDA Summer Conference. Registration for the conference is included in your Course registration)
• Marketing & Business Attraction
• Small Business & Entrepreneurship
• Neighborhood & Community Development
Join us July 22-25 in Baltimore for this course!
To register for the course, click here
Register before June 22, 2019 to save with the early bird pricing! MEDA members are eligible to apply for a Lofton Fund Scholarship. Book a special rate at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown Baltimore.