Employment Opportunities with TPP
HR Manager/Staff Accountant
Work Location: Lexington Park, MD
Title: HR Manager/Staff Accountant
Position Status: Full Time, Exempt
Organization Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Provide excellent customer service to all employees, members, tenants, and volunteers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The HR Manager will assist the Finance Director by processing bi-weekly payroll, creating new employee files and maintaining changes to existing employee files, posts daily bank transactions to accounting system .
• Responsible for all bi-weekly payroll requirements, including enrollment and terminating employees in the NETCHEX system; maintain records of yearly w2 and w3 files, quarterly payroll taxes and timesheet management.
• Responsible for processing and paying employee travel claims for employees.
• Responsible for monitoring and creating new state registrations and WC insurance coverage, including Withholding and Unemployment insurance accounts. Responsible for HR paperwork, forms, etc.
• Creates new employee files and maintain changes to existing employee files.
• Responsible for set up, enrollment and termination of employees into benefit plans as well as monthly monitoring of benefit invoices for proper additions/changes/ terminations/questions, including Medicare part D.
• Maintains e-verify account and responds to all employment verification requests.
• On-boarding of all employees.
• Responsible for set up and communication of NETCHEX access to employees.
• Enroll, handle inquiries, process withdrawals, and maintain reporting for 401k plan.
• Assist in the generation and updating of policies and procedures, including handbook updates.
• Research and keep informed of new employment laws, such as minimum wage updates and paid family leave requirements.
• Assists Finance Director with schedules, reports, documents and other related tasking.
• Works with managers on training and coaching of employees, including Performance Review, Performance Improvement Plans and salary review.
• Invoices customers per various contracts and agreements as well as reconciles to general ledger/control workbook for monitoring status.
• Follows up on A/R monthly.
• Posts daily transactions to the bank and accounting system general ledger – including checks, cash, EFT and credit card payments as well as reconcile to GL and programs.
• Coordinates general ledger details for invoicing and posting with PT Staff Accountant.
• Take credit card payments over the phone and process through NEON CRM. Program/Events
• Post payments to NEON CRM website, registrations received over the phone.
• Reconcile credit card payments with registrations through NEON CRM website.
• Take credit card payments in person through PayPal Here Mobile App.
• Shares in responsibility of answering main phone line and office door.
• Handles tenant leases.
• Back-up for check processing
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent full charge human resources experience to substitute for degree in payroll/office/accounting field. General knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable and general office etiquette and procedures. Proficiency with Microsoft office tools (MS Excel and MS Word) and Adobe PDF editor. Human
Resource Generalist experience preferred.
The majority of the position will be performed in an office environment requiring the employee to communicate through email, phone, and in-person with co-workers, members, clients, etc. This position requires sitting at a desk for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send resume and application to MaryKay Myers, Finance Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org