Title: Communications and Membership Manager
Work Location: Lexington Park, MD
Position Status: Full-time
Company Conformance StatementsIn the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Communications and Membership Manager is responsible for managing and implementing communications to promote TPP and its objectives, and to strengthen the reputation of the organization. This includes writing articles (draft documents provided by Program Director or others knowledgeable in the subject area) and press releases, managing TPP’s web pages and content, and developing good working relationships with news media, partner organizations, members and the general public. This position manages the website and the membership database. The Communications Manager reports directly to the Programs Director.
- Manages TPP and STEM-Link websites and content, including calendar items
- Prepares press releases and marketing materials, including TPP’s Annual Report and other printed publications to promote TPP and programs
- Develops effective working relationships with local media to ensure accurate and timely coverage and broad visibility for TPP programs and serves as primary media point of contact for TPP
- Maintains TPP social media accounts and ensures that the information is current and accurate
- Drafts talking points for the Executive Director and BoD President as required
- Prepares web graphics, printed materials, slides and presentations
- Coordinates with vendors to produce printed materials, signage, awards, etc.
- Attends all TPP events, takes photos and prepares news items to be posted to website
- Represents TPP at industry and other events as directed by the Executive Director and/or immediate supervisor
- Produces weekly TPP e-newsletter and stand-alone program announcements
- Works with TPP staff to develop content and functional requirements for the website
- Responsible for identifying upgrades/changes to the web developer, and ensuring implementation
- Maintains newsletter email list and accounts
- Uploads photos to TPP Flickr page
- Uploads presentations and white paper to website, once authorized by speakers
TPP membership accounts and membership enrollment process
- Verifies new member request
- Ensures account/registration information is correct
- Corresponds with new members to facilitate account activation/payment
- Point of contact for member inquiries
- Works with accounting staff to ensure accuracy of database, and membership status
Position requires proficiency with Microsoft office tools (MS Excel, MS Word & PowerPoint), WordPress (for website platform), Social Media tools, a solid understanding of webpage functionality and management, ability to quickly learn and manage a content management system (NeonCRM) for membership and program management, as well as ability to take photos to be used for TPP publications and social media posts.
Ideal candidate has experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom), excellent writing skills, and a high level of initiative. Candidate will also demonstrate creativity and ability to develop innovative, compelling and concise communication. Candidate is also comfortable using a DSLR camera. Since the Pax Partnership recently upgraded its website and content management system the ideal candidate should also have experience with website development.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or Business
Special Position Requirements
Occasional travel may be required. Some early morning and evening programs will require adjustment to normal work hours.
The majority of the position will be performed in an office environment requiring the employee to communicate through email, phone, and in-person with co-workers, members, clients, etc. This position requires sitting at a desk for long periods of time with occasional periods of standing and walking at events. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee may be required to occasionally lift heavy items up to approximately 25lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send resume, application, and writing sample to Michelle Reloba, Human Resources Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.